Ecology Training for Architects and Developers
Ecology Training for Architects and Developers is a one day course which aims to provide an overview of ecological issues that arise in relation to developing land. It will help delegates to identify ecological constraints associated with projects and provide information to help manage them effectively.
The course will:
- Explain why ecology needs to be considered in planning applications and projects in terms of governing legislation and policy.
- Provide an account of requirements when dealing with the most commonly encountered protected species, in terms of survey effort and techniques your ecological consultant will employ and mitigation techniques once protected species are identified on a site.
- Include a practical session involving a site visit to a field to assess the potential for protected species and provide details on survey requirements.
Course cost £90 per person
The course will:
- Provide an overview of governing legislation and policy.
- Provide an account of the survey techniques and requirement you should expect from your ecological consultant.
- Provide details on mitigation techniques.
To book a place please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course will be taught by our director Dr Lindsay Carrington MCIEEM. Lindsay has owned her own ecological consultancy since 2002, during which time she has been involved in a variety of projects throughout England. Lindsay has holds numerous Natural England survey and development licences and has extensive experience ranging from nationally significant rail and housing projects to smaller housing and garden in-fill projects.
For more information about our ecological survey and management services, please visit our website at www.ecological-services.co.uk.
If you would like more information or discuss your requirements further please contact us at email@example.com or telephone us on 01929 477115.